Monday, January 7, 2013

Let The Sunshine In



Ugh! My body is feeling a little achy breaky. I’ve felt this way for a month now. Am I sick? What’s the deal? I went to the doc for my annual exam and my doc said “Maybe some extra D in your diet would help put your joints at ease.” Brilliant! I can do that! I thought about what she said and I think that may be the answer. Here’s why:

Since most people have low vitamin D that may be the reason for chronic pain. But getting your blood levels back up could help set things right.
So if you've been suffering from unexplained muscle or bone pain, consider getting your D levels checked.
You might already know that getting too little of the essential nutrient may be tied to a host of other health problems, including heart disease, osteoporosis, and certain kinds of cancer.

  • Get out a little. The sun is one of the best sources of vitamin D because it helps your body synthesize the nutrient.
  • Savor some salmon. This lean and healthful source of protein is high in D -- as are fortified fruit juices, milk, cereals, and soy products.