I’m taking a much needed vacation but that does not mean a vacation from exercise. I like to workout and just because I’m not doing my usual routine does not mean I will abandon my fitness. I’ve decided that I will do the following workout multiple times while I’m away. If you are looking for something fun and different to do give my workout a try.
The workout is structured into a circuit of three super-sets. Six exercises that will workout your entire body. By performing these exercises as a full circuit you will also be building cardiovascular endurance.
Rest only as needed through the circuit. When you finish the circuit, set your timer for 3 minutes to recover. After that rest period hit it again; go through the full circuit. Do the full circuit two or three times.
- Kettlebell Squats (10 reps) – hold the kettlebell in front of your body, like a goblet, then push your hips back and lower down into a full-deep squat.
- T- Pushups (5 ea side) – This is variation of the standard push-up that includes an arm-extended side plank at the top. To perform the movement, lift one hand off the ground when you reach the top position of the pushup, continue raising your hand reaching upward, rotate your entire body while keeping your legs and torso straight. When you are rotated and fully extended your body should resemble the letter T tipped on its side. Rotate back down and place your hand back on the ground. Alternate sides each repetition.
- Kettlebell Lunges (10 ea side) – hold the kettlebell in front of your body again, then lunge by stepping forward with one leg and lower your hips down with your back knee tracking under your spine. Go down until your rear knee nearly touches the ground. Drive up through your heel of your front foot to push back up into a standing position.
- Alt KB Pushups (5 ea side) – set the kettlebell on the ground on its side. Now do pushups with one hand on the kettlebell and the other on the ground. When you reach the top of the push up position alternate hand positions.
- Jump Squats (18 reps) – perform a bodyweight squat except with each movement, explode off the ground into a jump. When you land go immediately into the next squat movement.
- Rocking Planks (10 slow reps) – perform a plank by going into the pushup position, but rest your upper body on your forearms instead of your palms. Then to perform the rocking plank shift your weight forward up above your head by extending your toes. Then rock back by pushing back down. Do this movement slowly.