Having a hard time breaking a food addiction? I love chewing gum but after reading this I will think twice before I hand over $1.50 multiple times a day to the newsstand person.
- · Titanium dioxide, which is commonly used in paints and sunscreens, is also found in many salad dressings, coffee creamers and cake icing.
- · One of the key ingredients in many canned and fast food chili is silicon dioxide, also known as sand.
- · Lanolin, an oily substance found in sheep’s wool, is an additive used in chewing gum.
- · Cellulose, which is actually ground-up wood pulp, is often used as an anti-caking agent in bagged cheeses.
- · Sodium bisulfite, a toilet bowl cleaning chemical, is also used in potato chips