Saturday, May 5, 2012

Rainy Day Exercise Tips




Since working out is a priority for me I was planning my workouts for the weekend. I am about 2.5 hours from home so going to my fav fitness class isn’t going to happen. I watched the weather report as I was packing yesterday and the outlook was sun and warm temps all weekend. AWESOME I thought I’ll go outside for a run. Well I woke up this morning to a rainy and crummy day. My enthusiasm to workout has dropped. I guess now I will have to stay inside but honestly the weather is not helping my get up and go attitude.
I know that what I feel is not uncommon but here are some things I do to make sure I can still get my activity on.

1. Are you in a house or building with stairs? I do 30 "sets" of stairs when it's raining outside, in slow and fast intervals, to fun music. On a few sets, take two and three at a time.

2. How dirty is your living quarters? On some bad-weather days, I designate an hour for serious housecleaning--scrubbing sinks and tubs, vacuuming and mopping floors, taking heavy things from one place to another, etc. By the time I'm done, it's a 60-minute workout and my house is clean.

The moral of the story is a sassy girl doesn’t allow for obstacles. Plan on working out 5 days a week rain or shine. Just pick an activity and do it.