Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Candy Girl



“I’m only going to have one” Ever thought that? Of course you have! We all say it before we end up consuming the entire bag of Fun Size Halloween candy while watching your favorite Scary Movie. Luckily Halloween only comes once a year. If you do consume Halloween candy here some of the best ways to burn off candy calories.

Snickers (one fun size candy bar) - 72 calories per bar. You have two options here. You can walk for 19 minutes at a nice leisurely pace or run for 8 minutes. It’s your call.

Candy corn (11 pieces...umm I don’t know about you but I sure as heck don’t count candy corn piece by piece as I eat.)- 70 calories per 11 pieces. I can eat candy corn like its going out of style but I know that burning off the candy will take more effort. Like 10 minutes of high intensity Step aerobics.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, Skittles or Twix bar (one fun size)- 80 calories per piece. Think 10 minutes of biking per fun size treat.

Tootsie Pop- 60 calories. This one makes me sad. I love lollipops! They seem harmless right? Wrong. They pack a punch in calories. I know they take awhile to chew the yummy tootsie roll center but every pop you consume you have to skip rope for 6 minutes to burn it off.

M&M's (fun size)- 100 calories. This one stinks. If you eat a fun size bag you have to do 100 push ups to pay for your sin. Or you can rake leaves for 20 minutes! Don’t get me started on Peanut M&M’s...everything I said you have to do to undo the damage....double it!

Twizzlers or Sweet Tarts (treat size pack) or 1 Hershey's Nugget- 50 calories. They may be small but they are sure mighty. They still have calories and if you eat them to burn off those empty cals you have to play 5 ½ minute round of tennis with a friend.

Payday, Almond Joy or Mr. Goodbar (fun size) - 90 calories. These puppies aren’t my fav so I don’t even look twice at them but I know not everyone feels the same. If you eat them you must dance around for 20 minutes to your super awesome playlist filled with great songs.

I know, I know some of these things sound terrible! You can relax knowing that sitting on your bum bum watching DTWS or checking Facebook burns 72 calories! YAY!

Go easy on the Halloween candy Sassy!

Happy Halloween!