Sunday, September 23, 2012

Plane Aches


As I sit here in the airport waiting to board my flight to go visit my parents I am not looking forward to the extremely uncomfortable seats on my plane that I have to sit in for hours. I can already feel my back stiffening up. If you travel a lot you know you should get up every 30 minutes and walk the length of the plane. I suggest while you are up to stretch your arms over your head then reach them out in front and round your back. While you are sitting down you can get in a mini workout. Try isometric exercises while you're sitting - squeeze your glutes 20 times, contract your abs and hold for as long as you can or do leg extensions if you have the leg room. Basically I just want you to do something that gets the circulation going. After all preventing aches and pains is always sassy!