Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fall Into Fitness



It's October 1st and to me that is the start of fall. I know fall officially started September 22nd but when I feel the crispness in the air and my hubby spends every Sunday and every waking moment for that matter watching football or obsessing over his fantasy team (I mean really what is the obsession with a fantasy team? It isn't real.) I start to think about re committing to my indoor fitness routine. Fall is known for the hustle and bustle of the endless holiday errands but before the holiday season begins committing to a fitness program now will help you from straying from your workouts all season long.
Instead of thinking, “I’ll start over in January,” I recommend doing the following things to help you recommit now!

Just because you may not be back in school it doesn't mean you have to stop learning. Try something new by way of a new exercise class or sport, or find a nutrition or health education seminar to attend.

Evaluate your schedule. How can you fit fitness in with activities and obligations that start in the fall while staying motivated with fewer daylight hours? One way to do this is to sign up for an event that will complement your health and fitness goals, or help you achieve them. An example would be  a 10K, a triathlon, half-marathon or push the envelope with events like the Warrior Dash, Spartan Race or Alpha Showdown. These kinds of activities will keep you on track the entire year because you will have to make some positive lifestyle adjustments in order to achieve your goal.

Make a 'promise' to someone you will make the proper commitment to exercise. A promise puts your creditability on the line and that is a huge form of motivation.
Go get 'em Sassy Girl and leap into fitness