Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sassy Girl Starts Fresh



About 10 years ago I decided that making a New Year's resolution was a waste of time. January 1st means I drive myself nuts for a few days to make myself a sassy, new and better me. But, I always end up abandoning my fabulous resolution somewhere around January 3rd. My resolutions never lasted very long and I have a pretty good idea why.... most of my resolutions contain too many changes at one time and they were very vague.
Your goal has to be realistic and well thought out.  Give yourself achievable tasks and continue to work on it the ENTIRE year. Try to have just one single goal and not a whole lot of small resolutions. And most importantly don't take yourself too seriously. You are human and humans mess up and make mistakes. You will probably mess up but don't let a small slip up throw you off balance. Don't punish yourself and have a little chuckle at your mistake.
This year I plan to do a 30 day yoga challenge. That is 30 consecutive days of yoga. I've wanted to do this for awhile and doing something that I have never done before is exciting. I invite you to join me on this challenge and together we can do something awesome for ourselves.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment