Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ain't No Cure For The Winter Time Blues?



It’s that time of year again. The holidays are over. This is the saddest time of year for me and the happiest time for my Christmas hating hubby.  I get depressed seeing the discarded Christmas trees on the streets waiting for the garbage collectors to take them away. Even if you are a peppy person depression can sneak up on you. The winter blues upset me every year but here are some tips that help me deal with the coming cold winter months.
1. Get your Zzz’s.  Every sassy girl needs 8 hours. I know it sounds like a lot but I guarantee you can find the time. How about you get off of wasting time on Facebook? That is the biggest time waster.
2. Get your Sweat on. Just 30 minutes of cardio most days of the week will help keep the pep in your step. Try a new fitness class or DVD.
3. Watch what you eat. Try to eat whole foods. I mean stay away from processed foods. That is anything from a box, bag or a tube. Eat your veggies and not the kind in a frozen dinner. Eat the real thing!
4. Act like a kid. Get in touch with your inner child. Remember that episode of FRIENDS where Phoebe went running and she ran like a crazy idiot. She was onto something. Releasing tension will help to alleviate stress. Here is a fun one…go somewhere that has a giant trampoline and just jump! When I went home for the holidays I took my nephews to an indoor fun park and we played Lazer Tag and jumped on a trampoline. Playing was the best thing for my attitude as well as my gams. Acting like a big kid will make you feel refreshed plus you’ll burn major calories. That is always awesome!
Just remember Sassy is a state of mind and this time of year it’s important to be conscious of the effects that winter can have on your mood. Being aware is half the battle. Stay Sassy!

No comments:

Post a Comment