Monday, November 28, 2011

My Favorite Things

A dear friend of mine and I were discussing goals and what we are most thankful for. I have many things to be thankful for but I decided that I should write them out for good measure. This list is a collection of my favorite things, things I’m grateful for and a few things I know.

  • I honestly, LOVE  going to the gym – if I can’t go I get cranky.
  • The only way to get what you want is to go after it until you get it.
  • One of my favorite articles of clothing is sweatpants.
  • Not everyone will understand what you are trying to do or where you are trying to go, but as long as you know your journey you will get there.
  • I LOVE laughing and smiling.
  • My favorite way to spend a Saturday night is on the couch with my cute hubby, snuggly cats and a good movie.
  • There are some movies that you HAVE to see in the theatres, as it makes them THAT much cooler.
  • I spend too much money on workout clothes –but it’s so worth it. They are SO comfy and make me feel sassy!
  • I still don’t understand why people bring coffee as their ‘drink of choice’ to the gym while they workout.
  • I hate The Biggest Loser TV show.
  • Too many women are scared to lift weights and therefore never reach their fitness goals.
  • Setting goals is the only way to reach them
  • I LOVE ice cream. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cookies and Cream and Mint Chip are my favs
  • Doing a 40lb dumbbell shoulder press and having the guys in the gym stop and stare at you is a PRETTY cool feeling!
  • Seeing myself getting stronger and stronger each week is motivation enough to keep going back to the gym. Plus noticing my backside having a nice shape is a bonus
  • I love working out, but I love some time off.
  • I’m a good writer. I love to blog because I love to write about fitness
  • Nobody likes someone who thinks they know everything.
  • You can meet a person who will change your life forever in the most random places and when you least expect it.
  • I am my biggest obstacle in achieving my goals. Stop thinking and start DOING!
  • Christmas really is ‘the MOST wonderful time of the year’!
  • If I don’t eat every few hours I get cranky and can’t function
  • I love reading Fitness Magazines!
  • The Muppets taught me everything I know “Success is believing in yourself, and then convincing everyone else that you’re right.” ~Kermit the Frog
  •  Too much caffeine is not good for you.
  • Having a vision board with your goals only makes you more likely to reach them.
  • Make a change, go for a dream, reach for the stars because YOU want too not because society or someone is telling you too.
  • A snuggly cat can make you smile no matter how bad your day is.
  • Summer is my FAVORITE season – sun, swimming, fun – what more could you want!?
  • Water is UNBELIEVABLY good for you
  •  I love learning a new exercise at the gym.
  • Stretching helps prevent injuries.
  • Having strong core and glute muscles are imperative to getting stronger and keeping your back healthy.
  • Having good music makes the world of the difference at the gym.
  • Having a positive attitude and outlook on life, makes life more fun.
  • People make fun of what they don’t understand.
  • There are unfortunately a lot of miserable people out there, who will do everything and anything to make you miserable too.
  • I LOVE the internet
  • I love making a difference in someone’s life – whether its to help them lose weight, or as simple as a smile – it makes me happy.
  • Not eating doesn’t help you lose weight – it makes you look sick and out of shape – eat right and lift weights – its the only way to lose weight.
  • Most people that I see in the gym everyday, for months at a time, don’t look like they have ever stepped foot in a gym.
  • I have some amazing people in my life who support me and believe in me – they keep me going and believing no matter what the world will bring.
  • Don’t be afraid to speak your mind and go after what you want – what are you waiting for?
  • Watching what you eat is not just a figure of speech – its the only way to guarantee results.
  • I am thankful for you reading my blog


1.        

No comments:

Post a Comment