Sunday, November 13, 2011

10 Things I Hate About You



10 Things I Hate About You (what annoys most group fitness instructors but will never admit to your face)

Let me first say that I love my job but just like anything else there are times that I am flabbergasted by behavior that I witness daily. After talking with fellow instructors I have compiled a top 10: 


·      Follow the leader
What the hell? Why do you come to my class stand in the front row and do your own workout? Why are you here? I’d never say this to anyone’s face but I guarantee I am not alone and most fitness instructors feel the same way.

·      I’m not your Doc
I ask you about your injuries because they affect your workout. But I am not a qualified cardiologist, neurologist, psychiatrist or podiatrist. So don’t expect me to be able to solve your heart murmur or figure out or the source of your mysterious neck pain. You need a doctor.

·      Put your damn Blackberry/Iphone/cell away.
Can you not exercise for an hour without checking your text messages? Checking your messages during the heart of class is rude.

·      Not Your Maid
If the workout is not your thing and you want to leave than go ahead. I’d rather you leave then stay and suck up all the energy in the room and only put out negative energy but please put your weights and other apparatus away. If you don’t put it back the instructor or another student in class has to put it back.

  Love/Hate Relationship

I love teaching fitness, but if I haven’t been able to do my own thing in awhile seeing you sweat is torture

·      Don’t complain
About other teachers at the studio, other students, the temperature, or my teaching style. Teacher’s can’t please everyone. If you don’t like me I have a very simple solution for you….find another instructor. I don’t say crazy things to your face so please don’t say weird things to me.  Be careful what you complain about because if I’m cranky I’m more likely to make you do something brutal because you bitched about something else.

·      Too Sexy?
Guys, don’t forget your liner shorts if you are wearing loose fitting bottoms. I don’t want to see anything peeking out while we are doing ab work on the floor. It’s really too much for me to see all of your business.

·      I’m no saint
No I don’t train ALL of the time. I have to psych myself up to workout too. Sometimes I’m tired and don’t want to teach but I fake it and find the energy to do so. I don’t eat salads without dressing either. I’m human too. I enjoy hanging out, eating junk food and watching reality tv just as much as the next gal.

·      Sometimes not sharing is a good thing.
I get the theory of “sweating” out your cold but please don’t stand on me and then preceed to sneeze and cough during the entire hour. I don’t want your germs.

·      Exercise is not supposed to be easy. It’s hard!


No comments:

Post a Comment