Sunday, November 20, 2011

Scene From A Gym




The most awesome thing happened to me today at the gym. I had to share this story with you.
I was sitting on the stationary bike, doing a warm-up when a crazy lady walked in, stuffed like a sausage in a bright pink spandex outfit a few sizes too small, wearing purple leg warmers, hair styled to “perfection”, a full face of makeup and to top it off she was marinating in perfume. Where did this woman think she was going? She was dragging along a suitcase that was big enough to stuff a person into. Out of it she pulls these small plastic bags that looked like a sandwhich could fit into. She proceded to cover her hand with them when she touched anything. I guess she was using it as a workout glove????
She was mesmerizing. I couldn’t take my eyes of this lady. I couldn’t wait to see what she’d do next. Phyllis (I’ve decided to give her a name…not sure what her real name is) loaded a tremendous amount of weight onto the bench press bar, like 500 pounds, went to lie down to begin the set. Before I could run over and stop this nightmare all of the sudden her watch alarm went off she shook her head, unloaded the bar and went to the free weight rack. Once there she picked up the 2-pound dumbells and proceed to lift them like she was doing the hardest set in her life. She was counting her reps out loud. 101, 102 etc. Did she start at 100?
About 20 minutes had passed and apparently Phyllis was exhausted so she sat on the Leg Adduction machine for about 20 minutes. I kept waiting for something to happen but nothing did. She just sat there dabbing her body with a towel.
She certainly pushed herself to the limit. Phyllis was tired and left any energy she had loading and unloading the bench press. She is the picture of perfection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment