Saturday, August 27, 2011

“Didn’t I (Blow Your Mind This Time)” The Sassy Girl Exercise DVD List


I love living in NYC because there are so many different and fun ways to stay fit and fab. This weekend Hurricane Irene is deciding to visit so the MTA has completely shut down which means working out from home is my only option. Luckily I have my favorite DVD’S to exercise to. I picked out 4 of my favs and I want to share them with you. Give them a try and maybe just maybe you’ll fall in love.

Well the first on my list I’m a little partial too since I do teach there but I do believe in the method and I can tell you first hand that this workout will change your body. Fast too! Awesome right?!

Physique 57 Classic DVD
What you'll need: A mat, a thick towel or cushion, a sturdy chair, a playground ball (optional)
Why it’s sassy: This workout will change your legs and booty like no other. You use your body weight and move your body in ways that your body isn’t used to. It isolates and challenges your lower half in ways you never thought possible. Yes, it is hard but your firm thighs and seat will thank you for it.
$24.95, physique57.com

This second DVD is super fun and is great for busting me out of my workout rut.

Dance Off the Inches: Fat Burning Jam
What you’ll need: Some sneakers and a heck of a lot of energy!
Why it’s sassy: It takes about 10-15 minutes to learn the moves and then you just shake your groove thang. You might even pick up a few moves you can use the next time your out and the DJ plays your song! (46 minutes; $14.98)

Sculpting is one of my favorite ways to work out so here are two great DVD’S to get you movin’. The first one is weight lifting 101. Learning proper form is a must before you advance to more challenging strength combos.

Build Up Your Muscles With Gin Miller

What you’ll need: You get to plug in your equipment and fitness level to customize your workout. So you’ll need whatever you already have.

Why it’s sassy: Simple but effective routines plus the moves are broken down so you’ll learn correct form.
(204 minutes total, 48 to 52 minutes for each routine; $29.95)

Get Ripped: Slim & Lean with Jari Love
(2006)

What you’ll need: 2 different sets of weights light and medium

Why it’s sassy: This DVD gets down to business. It’s a great weight training DVD and does the trick. It’s serious and hard but it will get you in the zone and if you do the workout a few times a week you will see results.
Here is what you can expect:
squats (76 reps plus pulsing)
lunges (front/back, 94 total plus pulsing)
chest presses (64 plus pulsing)
bent leg deadlifts/deadrows (30 deadlifts, 54 rows plus pulsing)
pushups/rotator cuff (45 pushups, 32 rotator cuff)
tricep dips/french press (24 dips, 56 french press)
bicep/hammer curls (46 curls plus pulsing, 36 hammer curls)
one leg squats/wide squats (44 one leg plus pulsing, 38 wide plus pulsing)
overhead press/lateral raise (34 overheads, 28 lateral)
abs

Here are some ideas for getting your workout on DVD style. Let me know your favorite exercise DVD’S via twitter @jleabailey

No comments:

Post a Comment