Saturday, October 17, 2015

Crave Crap?

Do you dream of cheesy pizza, candy or fried anything? Did you skip your workout? If so, that explains the urge to eat the not so healthy foods. When you crave “comfort foods," aka fatty and carbohydrate filled, its a result of a lack of positive influence on mood, energy and stamina you get from exercise.
I know that this summer when I was injured I had to scale back my workouts but I kept my same nutritional routine so I could maintain the muscle I had built. I spent years working and sweating my a$$ off and I wasn't about to give it all up easily. I steered clear of anything fatty and greasy and stuck to my usual meals.
When you regularly exercise your metabolism increases. Yay! Since you’re burning more calories, you end up consuming more in order to maintain enough energy. Don't eat the same calorie-filled meals when you’re out of the gym for two weeks, your body won’t be burning the extra calories and you could potentially put on weight! No Bueno!

No comments:

Post a Comment