Sunday, November 11, 2012

Time Keeps On Ticking....



This time of year life gets crazy. Your days might be loooong and finding the motivation to workout is not easy but I guarantee there is a chunk of time in your day that you can devote to just you. The best thing I do for myself is schedule my own workout times into my daily life. Try to take out your calendar on Sunday night and prepare your week.
Organizing your time will allow you to find a pocket of time you can devote to fitness. Schedule your workout into your day just like you'd make a dentist appointment.
I know you are thinking...Ok I do that but what the heck should I do at the gym to make sure I'm working efficiently in the short time I have? One of the most effective ways I have found to burn major calories is doing a 1 hour circuit workout.  Example: set up a full body routine with 2 minute cardio sprints between each exercise.
I suggest doing an upper to lower body exercise then abs then sprint. Repeat this sequence until you have covered every muscle group. This is my favorite way to workout! They key is to keep moving!
Finding the time to exercise can be done! You owe it to yourself. Find the time to take care of your body, and your body will love you for it!

Here is a quick 20 minute circuit to try:

1) Bench press or pushups - max in 1:00 min
2) Squats - max in 1:00
3) Pullups or pulldowns - 1:00
4) Bike or jog - 3:00
5) Shoulder press with hand weights - 1:00
6) Lunges - 1:00 each leg
7) Bicep curls - 1:00
8) Bike or jog - 3:00
9) Tricep extensions.- 1:00
10) Leg ext - 1:00 (requires leg machines - or repeat squats with weights)
11) Leg curls - 1:00 (requires leg machines - or repeat lunges with weights)
12) Situps - 2:00
13) Crunches - 2:00
14) Stretch