Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Mantra For All Seasons



“My body is a machine.” This is my mantra during most of my workouts! I constantly tell my students in class  “Your mind gets tired way before you body does”. During any workout I partake in the challenging thing for me is to turn off the voice inside my head that is telling me I’m tired. Even though my body is doing what it’s told my mind is questioning every move I make.
Maybe your not the most naturally gifted athlete but what will take your workouts to the next level is knowing how to endure and outwork the physical pain. Having a mantra and muttering it to yourself constantly through your workout will help to push your body and mind past what you know you can already do. You have to be stubborn and using a mantra I guarantee will help you achieve power. Try using the mantra “Finish Strong” and repeat it in your mind during the last stretch of your workout. It helps your brain to remember the pain is just temporary. The benefits of pushing yourself will carry on so much longer.  
Plus positive thinking is always sassy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment