Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Eating...It's A Love/Hate Relationship



As I write this blog entry I am watching American Idol and I think I’ve gone to the fridge about 10 times hoping that something awesome will be there...guess what? Every single time there was nothing that I wanted to eat so I’ve just eaten what ever I had easy access to and nothing seems to satisfy me. This is not the first time this has happened to me. This is what I know and what you can do to make sure your next food binge doesn’t do much damage.

Food that is in easy access will always be eaten no matter what time and what instance. If you have junk aka candy bars in your line of vision and within reach, you will be constantly eating without realizing the mass quantity of food consumed. Give this a try... don’t stock up on the junk so it’s not at your desk at work or in your cupboard at home.

A big NO...Eating while working, studying, or watching TV. You are distracted and the volume of food consumed goes unnoticed and before you know it you’ve eaten an entire bag of Doritos because you were too caught up in whatever it is you are doing. Try to fill your stomach with food that will last you for at least 3-4 hours. That way you won’t crave immediate gratification while you work, study or watch the tube. Eat a satisfying meal full of fiber and vegetables plus a little protein and little fat before you do your job or hit the books.

Never skip a meal. It’s a big reason why we overeat. Try to stay on a schedule because if you wait hours between meals you will  want more food because you are getting hungrier by the second. You will be too ravenous to enjoy your food and you will also be rushing to eat so you can get back to what you are doing immediately. And try your best to eat on the hour so it’s easy to track.

Simple changes will bring awesome sassy changes to your life.
Check out these yummy cookies that won't do damage to your waistline.

No comments:

Post a Comment