Sunday, September 25, 2011

Inside A Fitness Pro Gym Bag

My gym bag is my go to. Since my days are always jam packed my gym bag contains not only essentials for work but 4 items I need to go from the gym to fun friend time out on the town. If your life is super busy like mine be sure to put these four items into your bag. A sassy girl is always prepared! Here are my four fav items so every time I’m at the gym I don’t have to ask to borrow the essentials from a fellow gym goer.

1. Rubber Flip-Flops
As someone who spends the majority of my day touching sweaty people you would think feet would not freak me out but guess what they do. Please for the LOVE of being sanitary don't forget to wear flip flops in the locker room at the gym. There are several reasons why you should for everyone that is around you but mostly for you.  Not wearing proper footwear in the public shower may cause you to contract fungal infections in your feet. After a hard workout, it's also much better to wear a pair of cool and dry flip-flops instead of your rubber shoes.
2. Music Player and Portable Charger
Music motivates my workouts like no other and if I jump on the treadmill and my ipod/iPhone  isn’t working things are not good. Prevent this from happening to you by putting a charger in your bag.

3. Plastic bag
Don’t just throw your sweaty gym clothes into your bag but put them inside a plastic bag before they go into your gym bag. Sweaty clothing gets smelly and your bag will forever have a terrible odor. Put your sweaty clothing inside a plastic bag especially if you like to workout before you put in an entire day at the office

4. KIND Bar
If I work out in the morning, I have my usual bowl of Trader Joe's Organic Multi Grain Hot Cereal beforehand. If it's later in the day, for a quick pre-workout snack I eat a Kind bar, I like something that I can eat quickly & has "ingredients I can see and pronounce!"  According to their website every KIND Bar looks like this:
My favorite ones are Caramel Almond & Sea Salt and  Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt.

And as an extra bonus I always have a small makeup bag thrown in as well. A girl always has to look fresh! That way you have zero excuses to fit in a workout before you meet friends for dinner. Plus you’ll have a post workout glow….who doesn’t love that?


No comments:

Post a Comment