Sunday, July 10, 2011

Calorie Conscious Cocktail

Late night last night at my BFF’s birthday party.  Frozen Margarita’s were amazing!  They used real strawberries!  But today I am suffering the consequences.  Belly bloat, headache, all in all I’m feeling pretty gross. I’m not hung over from the alcohol.  My hangover is from the calories in that frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
 Strawberry Margaritas! I really love to have one once in a while.   But all of the calories aren’t worth it. After doing a little experimenting at home I have found a fun low calorie cocktail that tastes like candy. SCORE!
Here is my low cal cocktail of choice this summer:
I mix 1 ounce vodka with Fresca and one pack of Crystal Light Fruit Punch or Cherry Limeade.
 I pour it over crushed ice and it really hits the spot in the summer.
If you are looking for a fruity refresher or ways to make your cocktail of choice more calorie friendly try adding fresh fruit so you can cut down on the sugar in the receipe. You can even use Stevia instead of sugar, then there's even less calories!
Remember to drink responsibly. It’s so NOT sassy to drink and drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment