Sunday, February 25, 2018

Do you use Sunscreen?


Do you wear sunscreen daily? Not just on the beach, but every day. You may already know that sunscreen is a good idea if you are outdoors alot, but do you know why?

MOST OF WHAT YOU CALL AGING IS REALLY YEARS OF SUN DAMAGE.

Wearing sunscreen daily saves your skin from years of visible damage later. 90% of visible aging comes from skin damage caused by the skin.

THE SUN IS STRONG EVEN WHEN IT’S NOT SUNNY OUT!

Many people think they don't need sunscreen on overcast days or for brief stints in the sun, but for the ultraviolet rays that damage your skin, a little cloud cover means nothing. UV light penetrates clouds with ease, so you need protection even on cloudy days. Everything I buy has sunscreen built in. It doesn't even require an additional step. I make sure the lotions I purchase have sunscreen with an SPF of at least 20

SUN DAMAGE IS CUMULATIVE.

Don't be fooled into thinking you can build up a safe tan; there's no such thing. I repeat THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "SAFE" TAN. I swear I hear "I've got to bulid my base tan" all of the time. It makes my skin hurt just hearing that statement. Every exposure contributes to possible damage at the cellular level.
Spare your skin tomorrow and wear your sunscreen today.
The picture is of me at the beach this past month. No umbrella's were available. I found a sliver of shade near the lifeguard stand and then used Kevin's T shirt to cover my legs from the sun. I don't play with the sun! Yes, I realize I'm on the Beach but my skin is more important.

In Health, Jessica Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment