Monday, February 5, 2018

Mexico Vacation



I'm so excited for my much needed vacation. This time my husband and I are taking a trip ALONE. No family, just us. Vacations are not a luxury; they are a necessity for a well-balanced, healthy life!  I truly believe it. I love my job but it's a job where I am "giving" and I get run down. I need to "reset" 2xs a year. I feel taking a vacation is as important as eating well and getting exercise. They are a priority in my life and I make them happen. You should to. Here is why:
Taking a vacation is healthy. When I return to work, I am well rested and energized, which means I’ll be able to do an even better job.
You would never say to your employer, “Hey, why don’t you skip paying me this week? I’m probably not worth it, anyway.” But that, is precisely what you are doing when you never take a vacation. Vacations Relieve Stress! Chronic stress can be destructive to our bodies. Getting away for regular vacations and leaving our every day stresses give us a break from the constant high levels of these hormones and a chance to repair some of the damage.
I'm off to Mexico for a week of doing nothing. I've got 0 planned. Just what I need. Give me a beach, some sunscreen, a book, the gym, a comfy bed and I'm all set.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment