Saturday, September 24, 2016

Healthy Treats


I know the idea of not eating junk seems a little sad. I like donuts, chips, fries, etc but I don't eat them. I know that to have a healthy body, it is important that I eat a lot of fruits and veggies. Reaching into your pocket for money to feed the vending machine when you are hungry is tempting but luckily there are a lot of healthy treats that are available on the market. Some of these taste better than the junk you want at snack time, and they are better for you and don't contain unwanted sugar and fat. Sometimes you just need some options. This post will help you to choose the right healthy snack options.

1. Protein Shakes & Protein Bars

I usually wake up excited that it's a new day and I can have my favorite Protein Bar. Some of them are so yummy they taste like a treat! My current fav is the Quest Bar in Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Be Fit has some fun yummy shakes that you can spice up by adding a touch of strawberry and banana. Yum! Be careful because some of the protein bars and shakes aren't for everyone, they are ideal for people who are not taking enough protein on their diet. I would talk to a fitness expert first though before just adding them into your diet. Sometimes, you only need to take a small amount of these treats if your diet is already packed with protein. Keep in mind that too much protein can provide complications rather than benefits in the long run.

2. Mix Fruits With Protein-Rich Foods

An apple and orange are considered healthy snacks. I like to pair green apples with almond butter. That is my "go to" snack. The protein in these ingredients regulates the sugar in the fruits. I feel satisfied, energized, and good knowing that I made a smart and healthy choice. Know that having adequate protein will make you feel fuller.

3. Greek Yogurt

I can't believe I've gone most of my adult life thinking I didn't like yogurt. I was wrong! I love it! Greek yogurt is so amazing before a workout. It's not heavy and provides me with enough energy to complete an intense workout. Greek yogurt is a great sources of calcium. If you want to improve its taste or just spice it up you can try adding granola, berries, and other fruits. It is a perfect treat that can satisfy both adults and kids.
Follow me on Instagram


 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-239-06A197BE6CA5E9915545882CEA3E5FBD_zpspy4sxr4u.png

No comments:

Post a Comment