Sunday, March 20, 2016

Post Workout. What to do.


I don't know about you but after I do a hard workout I used to just want to veg out. The thought of exercise was just too much. Sadly, I learned that this kind of thinking was doing me more harm than good. Pain and soreness come from a lack of taking care of your body post workout. It's important to know what causes you muscle pain so you can prevent it! In this post I want to talk about what to do post workout.
Think about your last great sweat session. Where your legs shaking? Did you feel like you gave it your all? After you were done what did you do? Once your workout is over, you need to quickly replenish whatever was lost. Muscles require vitamins and minerals in order to function so when you push your body to the limit they become depleted at a rapid pace.
Try eating a small bowl of whole grain rice. The quick burning carbohydrate will help to feed your muscles while you rest. You want to include a protein shake (I’ve talked about a one of my favs in this post Be Fit Protein Shakes ) or a good source of protein like chicken, cottage cheese, or nuts. And the most important rule of all,, make sure to have a plate of vegetables ready to eat. You can’t go wrong with the vitamins, minerals and water found in veggies. Eat your favorite and you will make a great choice. Also, make sure you hydrate a lot after your workout so you can replenish.
Take a few extra minutes to make a plan so you can get the most from your gym time. That plan should include stretching too (here’s another post where I talk about stretching Stretching (the truth). If you properly stretch before a workout and take care of your body afterwards, you may never have to put off a workout because of soreness or pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment