Sunday, September 6, 2015

My Fuel aka Diet!





I don't really eat like everyone else. Most of the time I’m eating in between fitness classes, clients or while running to my next task. Usually when I'm hungry I know that I've let too much time between meals pass and I need food immediately. I don't want to have to think about it. In this situation, faster is better!

Over the years I've figured out how to make eating easy on work days. Here's what has to happen:
1. Meal has fiber.
2. Protein is involved
3. Veggies included
4. Water and lots of it

My meals tend to be the same each day. Frankly, I don't give a damn. I can eat the same food and not be bothered. I vary the flavor more than the protein itself. I like using spices, Sriacha (just a little though, I don't like my food too spicy) or salsa or hummus. If I know I have protein and a good serving of fiber I don't worry how I'd be judged in US Weekly "a typical food day."

I eat the same thing for breakfast almost daily. Oatmeal and a piece of fruit. I like that I don’t have to think about it, I just get up, make it and eat it. I don’t generally get tired of eating the same things. Don't get me wrong there are times where one or more of the foods dominate the menu until I’ve eaten so much of them that it’s time for a break and I don't want to see that food for awhile.


My diet may not work for you but it works for me. I'm content because it works for me. I'd love to hear what works for you. Let me know what you do to cover your nutritional bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment