Sunday, September 13, 2015

Goooooooals!



I've heard so much from my circle about goal setting. What is it exactly and do I need to do it? Basically, your goals should stem from your passion. For me that is fitness. I learn so much each day. Whatever your passion is setting a goal will keep you on the right path. My goal right now is to be nice to me. As many of you know, I was hurt this summer. I broke my wrist and badly bruised my knee so my normal workouts where a no go for me. I had to revamp my fitness plan so I had to allow some self-care for ME.
I make my goals very specific. This means detailing what it is EXACTLY that I want. Until recently my goals were very general and I never felt like I was accomplishing anything and you know what, I didn't. By narrowing what it is I want, I can make a plan to meet my goal.
This brings up a good point of goal setting. Your goal should be attainable. Are you 5'2 and want to be a Radio City Rockette? Working hard and having a stage presence isn't going to help if the Rockettes have a height requirement. Make sure your goals are in your control.
During the height of my injury my goal was not to compete in a triathlon but to get better. Make sure you are honoring where you are in your life right now. Be aware that life changes and your goals might have to change too. Be open to that and be realistic.
Do you set goals? Try it, you'll like it! Grab piece of paper or start a new memo on your iPhone, and write out your goals. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment