Monday, April 1, 2013

Behave Yourself



Just because I love sharing my workout wisdom and helping people reach their goals, doesn't mean I am not human. There are a few things that sometimes get under my skin when I’m training a client.
Here are a few. Make sure you watch your mouth if you want to have a one on one workout.


Whining
No one likes a whiner and, if you're a personal trainer, you really dislike complainers. I just don’t get it. Will someone please explain why you complain that I’m pushing you during your workout? You are paying me to work you out and if you want results my job is to make sure it happens. You have to expect to be worked out pretty hard. And why would you want to complain and impede your progress?

Fibbing
Why do this? There is no need to lie to me that you did the workout I designed for you. No need to lie about what you recently ate or drank. No one wants to look bad or let down their trainer, but it's essential to tell the truth. I can’t adapt your fitness plan accordingly if you are not telling me the truth about what happens when we aren’t together. Remember you are PAYING me to help you, so fibing is only hurting you.

Chit Chat Too Much (Or Not Enough)
If you gossip too much I have to keep redirecting you to the workout you are doing. A session isn’t cheap so don’t waste time talking about your neighbor’s love life. But...If you don’t talk at all, it’s almost impossible for me to help you set goals that are right for you. Stay focused on the task at hand and communicate properly.

Ignoring
There is a method to my madness and the workouts I create for you are NOT random and are carefully thought out. I do this for a reason. I DO NOT expect you to do more or less than your plan calls for. If you work out more than called for or eat less, it can really mess with your results. And, if you do too little, then you can't expect full results. Simply put, if you believed in a trainer enough to purchase their services, then believe in them enough to follow their advice!