Sunday, September 17, 2017

Where to Donate for Hurricane Relief



Hurricane Irma created a mess, and I couldn't stop watching the news last weekend. I have very close friends in Miami and my GrandMother lives in Marco Island. They all are safe and evacuated so that was a relief but seeing them stressed about their home was heartbreaking. It made me want to donate again to hurricane relief. Because there are SO MANY "charities" to donate to, I thought I'd do some research. Here is what I found.

Picking a place to donate to Hurricane victims is difficult. Scammers often try to take advantage of disasters. And there are many real charities that, despite their promising names and flashy websites, do very little to help anyone.
If you want to give with confidence, then the best thing to do is to give to established charities that meet standards

The charities that most deserve your donations at this time are those that actually are in a position to help on the ground.

Here are some places I recommend you donate to:


As always you can find me on Instagram


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess

    I saw you post about cancer awareness. MAD is fast approaching and I was hoping to share some materials with you. I can be reached at virgilnci(@)gmail.com. Thanks for your advocacy work, and congrats on your success with the blog.

    ReplyDelete