Saturday, May 6, 2017

How To Incorporate Proper Nutrients For Those With Dietary Restrictions


People go on diets from time to time for several reasons; the major ones being weight loss, fitness and health issues. I roll my eyes so often at the crazy “diets” people put themselves on.  A diet is a feasible solution in most cases, but diet alone isn’t enough, don’t get me wrong watching what you eat is super important, diet is even more efficient when combined with some forms of exercise, cardio and workouts. However, a typical person that prescribes his/her own diet tend to make certain mistakes. Seven out of ten times, a typical weight loss diet will majorly consist of protein, carbs and vegetables with the exclusion of certain nutrient and vitamin sources.


A study shows that most people will generally stick to their regular food but cut down heavily on the fat and oil; that equals lesser fries and McDonalds take-outs. I always applaud the exclusion of McDonalds. I dislike that place...a lot! There is therefore a minute change in their weight and fat volume, whereas much more can be achieved when the proper nutrients are incorporated within their diets.


Getting these much-needed through your diet can also prove a herculean task at times, we all know that multivitamins are not as super as they are painted to be, and it will be quite tasking to get some minerals and vitamins through your diet, especially if you are avoiding a certain type of food. It sure is difficult, but very much possible. Before I talk about that I answered some questions I get all of the time;


  1. Should I Meal Prep?
This is a common question; a lot of dieting people ask whether to meal prep beforehand or just go with the flow when it’s time to eat. I don’t cook well so I make super easy things to take on the go, I usually put together a bowl of my favorite things, like a hardboiled egg, avocado, quiona, almonds, broccoli. I find that  it is better to prepare at home what I’m going to eat for the week ahead so I make smart decisions when I’m hungry. If I don’t pack my meal ahead of time I make a plan for where I will go.


  1. What’s Best To Eat As Pre/Post Workout Snack?
My go to snack is a banana and a handful of almonds; these ensure steady supply of iron and nutrients compared to calories. Usually I work out in the evening so I tend not to eat a huge meal because I’m either going to bed in a few hours or having dinner in an hour.


  1. How Often Should I Eat Throughout The Day?
I eat 3-4 hours to keep my cravings in check. Consuming more protein also guarantees feeling filled up for longer.  This does not mean I’m munching on junk every 3-4 hours.
Here are some extra tips to balance your diet and get your essential nutrients all the same.


Go For Varieties
Even for an amateur nutritionist or if you have a self-made diet, the chances that your diet comprises of fruits is almost a hundred percent. It is however important to switch things around every once in a while. Eating different fruits and vegetables is a win-win as your body is given the luxury of being supplied with a large array of different vitamins and phytonutrients for a range of functions in the body.


Do not hesitate to rotate your plant foods in your diet every three to four days. This will boost the nutrient supply of your diet and also reduce food intolerance, allergies and keep you in a Ferris wheel of adequate nutrition.


Nuts, Seeds And Much More
Apart from the regular fruit and vegetables, a lot more could be gained from plants, if one is willing. Consuming other plant foods such as almonds, nuts, seeds, whole grains (non-gluten), herbs and spices is guaranteed to provide several other uncommon nutrients of immense benefits to the body.


There are also other healthy vitamins that can be absorbed from these while striking a balance in your diet. Some seeds and herbs also have antibiotic properties that could strengthen the immune.


Eat Nutrient Dense Foods
Nutrient dense foods are those that generally have significantly more nutrient contributions compared to their calorie input. This guarantees that adequate minerals and vitamins pass through the diet while adding very low calories. Foods such as Almonds, Avocados, cashews, Barleys, oats, bell peppers, raspberries, strawberries and much more are recommended.


Eat healthy snacks
One of my go to snacks is GoMacro Bars. MacroBars™are cold-pressed, nut-butter based nutrition bars that offer a chewy and filling experience. Made from simple, clean ingredients, all MacroBars™ are certified vegan, gluten-free, organic, R.A.W., C.L.E.A.N., kosher and non-GMO project verified. I like the Cherries + Berries bar. You can try them for 30% off + FREE shipping with the code Macro30.

Absent of proper nutrients in our food gradually leads to many dietary restrictions and general malfunctioning of the body. Consumption of sound and proper nutrients makes the body perform at its best. Incorporating the highlighted tips in this article will help you overcome your dietary restrictions. Take a step today.
 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-239-06A197BE6CA5E9915545882CEA3E5FBD_zpspy4sxr4u.png
Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment