Sunday, February 12, 2017

Why I LOVE working with a trainer



About 2 years ago I thought it would be fun to workout with a trainer. I take tons of fitness classes and I'm constantly teaching so this just seemed like a natural next step. I absolutely love working with someone. It really has become the best part of my week. I thought I'd list my top 5 reasons why I love working out with a trainer.


1.  NOT HAVING TO THINK ABOUT WHAT’S NEXT OR WHAT TO DO IN MY WORKOUT THAT DAY.

One of the best things about working with a trainer is not having to think. I would show up and just listen to his instructions. It is seriously awesome! I LOVE working privately because I don't have to give, be "on," or worry about anyone else. It is "me” time!

2. NOT HAVING TO COUNT MY REPS, SELECT MY WEIGHT OR RACK MY WEIGHTS.

Counting sounds like it is easy. It is IF you aren't distracted by anything. No one is talking, no one is asking questions, etc.  When I workout with a trainer, I keep going until I'm told to stop. Sometimes I’m sure I did more or less than what was set out, but that was totally okay, because it wasn’t up to me. And even better than that, when you work with a trainer, a lot of times they grab your weights and re-rack them. It’s awesome. Because at the end of a set, the last thing you feel like doing is lugging a heavy weight back across the gym to replace it. 

3. GETTING OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE, OUTSIDE OF THE GROUP FITNESS ROOM.

A great man named Fred DeVito, once said "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." He is right!  Even though I’m 100% committed my workout routine and going to the gym, I don’t always get out of my comfort zone or try totally new things. My body craves diversity and doesn’t always get it. My biggest accomplishment with the trainer recently was deadlifting with weights that weigh almost as much as I do! My workouts are never easy. But because I’m always up for the challenge, I look forward to the workout of the day and feel amazing after I complete something that was very hard for me.

4. HAVING A PROFESSIONAL NITPICK MY FORM. 

Being a fitness professional I'm no stranger to good form. I know what good form looks and feels like, but I’m also human. My trainer has corrected me on things I wouldn't have even noticed I was doing, like, holding my breath or rolling my shoulders forward. I think about those corrections EVERY TIME I've worked out since then.  It’s so good to get feedback on your form, and I encourage everyone to seek it out. It will help you improve! 

5. REMEMBERING WHAT IT’S LIKE TO BE A STUDENT.

I know I'm not alone feeling this way, I don’t like to be bad at things. Most people don't! Working with my trainer reminds me what it’s like for people who come to my classes for the first time. It’s not easy.  No one is good the first time. You aren’t always sure of what you’re doing and that makes you second guess yourself. 

 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-239-06A197BE6CA5E9915545882CEA3E5FBD_zpspy4sxr4u.pngOverall, working with a personal trainer is the best money I have ever spent. I have definitely seen results but it's more than that for me. It's knowing that someone is in my corner! I'm 100% stronger now. 

Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment