Sunday, January 8, 2017

The weight loss struggle is real. Here are some tips to help


"I hardly eat chocolate, and barely ever eat chips." Do you often find yourself saying this? Do you wonder why you can’t seem to lose weight? Try writing down every single thing that passes your lips – from the croissant with your morning coffee, to the dessert after dinner “because it’s Friday."
Food Journal
I have found another reason to take pics of my food. No, it's not for Instagram. I think taking pics is more convenient and more effective than having to write in a journal. The only thing you have to do is be HONEST and take a pic of everything you eat so you can see what you can cut out.
Slow Down
Shoveling food into your mouth isn't sexy. Most people that shovel do it without really noticing its happening. Chew more slowly, and take a drink of water between each mouthful so that you savour your food. Or try eating with your less dominate hand. It's hard!!!! When you eat slowly your stomach feels full before you finish eating.
Meal Plan
Make a plan and stick to it! A food plan can help you stay on track and motivated. Every Sunday (or whatever day you want) Decide which yummy, nutritious meals you’re going to make for yourself each week, don't make the same food as you did last week. You want to look forward to your food each day. I totally understand the excuse 'I'm too busy to cook.’ My suggestion, prepare food in advance.
Exercise
Exercise is addictive! Trust me, I know, I'm hooked! Exercise is key to weight loss, and the more rapid weight loss will serve as a great boost to your self esteem. When you start to see your body tone up you’ll be reluctant to go back to your old ways!  
Diet is Key
  • Here are some healthy snacks you can have on hand:
  • Raw carrot with hummus
  • Sugar snap peas are surprisingly sweet, and might just satisfy that sweet tooth craving.
  • So  if you absolutely must have chocolate try to  split your chocolate allowance up for the week. If you have a little treat every day, you’re less likely to have a blowout when the weekend comes.
Speaking from experience, I gave up sugar recently. It is still a struggle but the good news, my taste buds actually adapted to my diet and style of eating, which means that the more sugar you eat the less sensitive you become to it. You don't need as much to be satisfied. Everyone – yes, that’s everyone, needs to treat themselves every now and again. I like to make a plan for a treat so I can look forward to it, and when I do have a treat I don't end up losing all the hard work I put into my diet. I'm very proud of myself for being able to do this and not ruin all my hard work because of one treat.

Remember, it’s a marathon, not a sprint. Keep going!

Follow me on Instagram
 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-239-06A197BE6CA5E9915545882CEA3E5FBD_zpspy4sxr4u.png

1 comment:

  1. I adore your websites way of raising the awareness on your readers.
    Bios Chip Asrock

    ReplyDelete