Sunday, June 19, 2016

No more pyramid schemes!


Facebook is truly awesome! I love reconnecting with people from my past and I love seeing what people that I just met are up to in their daily life. But....there is always a but, right? It seems that a lot of Facebook "friends" are always connecting with me because they want me on their "team" to sell stuff or pourchase their merchandise.
I hate selling stuff so it annoys me when my friends try convenience me to sell the products they are pushing or when they try to get me to buy $30 tea. I'm not gonna buy it so why on earth would I sell it? Please stop asking. Our friendship is going to suffer because I'm not "hosting" a party for you to sell all your overpriced stuff to my circle of friends. Look, we are friends because I care about you. I want you to do well but honestly, I've had enough.
I can't speak for everyone but most people I talk to have had enough.
I know times are tough and raising a family is expensive and "working from home" sales schemes are appealing, but you are pissing off your friends. No one likes to be stalked. This is how I feel. Like I'm being stalked and harassed at every Facebook post.
It seems like I get at least 4-5 of these "event" Facebook invites per week:

"HAVE YOU TRIED JAMBERRY YET?? OMG they DO NOT CHIP and come in so many awesome prints! Have you seen the ANCHOR PRINT??!!"
Or
"Guys,  do NOT buy anything from Sephora because I just found the fountain of youth!" The post contains a ragged pic of a 95 year old woman who has wrinkles (because she is 95!) and after using  ARBONNE she looks 85! She's well lit and smiling. Amazingly the wrinkles have disappeared! Clearly this picture was posted so you can see HOW GREAT IT WORKS.

It really just upsets me and I can't deal with the ambush anymore.
I honestly am  happy people are going out on their own and taking control of their career but my Facebook has become a Lillian Vernon-esque catalog where any product known to man is being pushed down my throat. I'm sure some of these products and companies are "great"  but not so great Walmart or Target doesn't carry the products. Honestly, it makes me feel like crap when I realize the sole purpose of our conversation  is just a sales-pitch-in-waiting.

Enough pyramid schemes. Enough constant posts about what a GREAT DEAL you are offering for TODAY ONLY to your closest 734 friends. No more before-and-after pictures taken in questionable lighting. I'm not buying what you are selling, and I never will.

1 comment: