Friday, February 19, 2016

Myth Of The Gym


Sometimes I want to scream from the ridiculous things people say. I was on vacation this past week (in Mexico, during cold February, I highly suggest saving your pennies and go on a trip during the winter) and I overheard a teenagers at the gym say "if you workout hard 3-5 times per week, you can eat what you want and still reach your fitness goals." I rolled my eyes and slightly puked in my mouth, I wish this were the case. If it were true I would be eating out every night and enjoying cheesy quesadillas and chocolate! The honest to goodness truth is, the bulk of us who work out consistently, the results are going to be due to your DIET (leaving only 20-35% coming from your exercise).
There are 168 hours in a week (no, I didn't just know that, I googled it) and if you work out 5x per week for one hour each time that leaves 163 (I did that math on my own 😀) to MESS UP all the work!
So, the moral of the story is to watch what you put into your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment