Saturday, November 7, 2015

Oh Sh**!





This week my friend lost her job. When stuff like that happens it’s devastating but it can also become an eye-opening experience.
Life is unpredictable and it's not surprising to come face to face with situations we never thought would happen to us. “This is the sort of thing I hear about on TV or see in magazines… I never thought it would happen to me,” is a common thought.
These "Oh Shit!" moments have not only made me miserable but also gave me a reality check. Things that I once thought were important are now trivial. Other areas my life I didn’t pay much attention to, or perhaps took for granted, are now the only things I care about.
I hope that you have no idea what I'm talking about because your life is perfect and that you are having a hard time relating to this post. If not, this post is for you.

Don’t Wait for an Oh Shit! Moment

This is an exercise I’ve been doing the past several months. I know bad things in this life are inevitable, and I don’t want to wait for (another) one to make me prioritize. I routinely  ask myself what matters most to me. What do I truly value? At the end of every day, what and who am I most grateful for?
Here are some questions to ask to help you figure out what matters most:
  • What do you value? Family, friends, faith, free-time, adding value or contributing to the world in some way?
  • What has (intentionally or unintentionally) taken a back-seat in your life that you once valued?
  • Who do you love or value spending time with?
  • At the end of the day, what matters most?
  • Are the things you’re spending time and energy on adding value to your life, or distracting you from the things that truly matter?

Start living life the way you want, be fearless like you once were as a child, and always stand up for the truth. 

 

1 comment:

  1. START LIVING LIFE THE WAY YOU WANT, BE FEARLESS LIKE YOU ONCE WERE AS A CHILD, AND ALWAYS STAND UP FOR THE TRUTH.
    Health and fitness

    ReplyDelete