Sunday, November 15, 2015

Does The Music Tempo Matter?


I was listening to a playlist I created on Spotify and I noticed that certain songs made me run faster and even focus more on my workout. As a fitness pro I understand the important role music plays in your fitness. I thought I'd take this post to talk briefly about music.

Have you ever noticed that some songs put you in the zone and you are able to increase the speed on the treadmill or whatever you are doing? Does your favorite fitness class play songs that make you want to work your body harder? This is on purpose. As a instructor I want my music to drive my classes. I want the participants to not only enjoy the class more but when the music tempo is increased the students are choosing to work harder and faster. I'm just there guiding them along but ultimately it's them who choose how hard they want to work. Maybe that's what makes them keep coming back for more?

So maybe the next time you want to get your cardio on skip the NPR and play some sped up Chris Brown.


Here is a playlist I encourage you to play for your next workout:

No comments:

Post a Comment