Monday, December 31, 2012

Sleep Sassy



It never fails. Every year a few weeks after my birthday getting out of bed is a struggle. Why? Just to remind me I'm another year older? Or is it probably because I slept funky? Luckily I have my chiropractor's cell number so I can call him up for a last minute appointment. Love him for that! I know from personal sleep experience that there are three sleep positions that help ease strain on your head, neck, and back so you can wake up refreshed and tackle your fitness goals.

• If you sleep on your back, put a small pillow under your knees.

• If you sleep on your side, avoid tucking your neck and chin into the fetal position.

• If you sleep on your stomach, put a pillow under one side of your body so your head and neck aren't strained.

I know these are not "new" but sometimes we all need a little sassy reminder.