Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bogus Trainer/Happy Anniversary



I was working the other day and I witnessed something that makes others in my profession look bad. Before I tell you what happened I need to state that most fitness professionals are generally good people. They help people stay motivated and tend to lead balanced lives.

While I was working with a client I noticed male trainer get a little too “hands on” with a female client. Now it’s important to know that as a trainer it’s important to touch a client...appropriately. This trainer was not giving a correction but just short of groping. I was just about to interject and call him out on his behavior when the woman he was “training” said “Don’t Touch Me Like That.” I was so proud! (If you don’t know me I’m all about Girl Power)
This episode made me so upset because it is obvious this guy didn’t become a personal trainer to help others achieve fitness goals but became a trainer in order to meet women. My advice to him...pick another profession. Hitting on a client takes advantage of her trust and abuses your professional role. It’s also a good way to get fired, sued, or both.

Sassy girls, if you are ever working with a trainer and you feel that he is taking too many liberties with the “appropriate touch” balance that you share be sure to notify someone at the gym.  You are paying for the experience and guidance of a trainer.  Not for him to be able to get a cheap feel.

On a completely other note today marks One Year Anniversary Blogging!
It has been an amazing journey this year sharing my knowledge of fitness. My success is growing in part because of all my supporters. So Thank You for reading and making fitness a priority in your life. Because you mean so much to me the first sassy reader who emails me will receive my latest favorite fitness item. A Sparky Soul Headband in your favorite color. I know you will love them as much as I do.

Visit sparklysoul.com to view their awesome headbands.


Email me at thesassygirlblog@gmail.com