Sunday, August 6, 2017

Breakfast Ideas



Why is the most important meal of the day, oftentimes overlooked or eaten on the fly? It's one of the most delicious meals.
I always eat breakfast. That is a guarantee. A bowl of Oatmeal is my breakfast of choice.


Here are my 3 go to AM meal choices:


1. Steel cut or rolled oats oatmeal (made on the stovetop or in the microwave depending on how late I am running), with ½ cup fresh blueberries, and 2 tablespoons of slivered almonds and if I am feeling fancy,  a splash of unsweetened almond milk. PERFECTION! I love waking up to this!


2. Another Breakfast option in my rotation is a shake!  Make a chocolate shake with bananas, frozen berries, cocoa powder and honey. Mix all in a single serve blender and drink!


3. I have this option sometimes not only for Breakfast but I eat it as a mid day snack too. I just love this! 1 slice of whole wheat or sprouted grain bread with 1 Tbsp almond or sunflower butter + ½ sliced banana and 1 Tbsp honey drizzled on top

So it turns out that your mother was right: Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day.

Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment