Sunday, January 31, 2016

Free Hugs




Doesn’t a hug from someone you love sound great right now? Almost everyone loves to be hugged - even those that pretend they don't. I once had a friend who HATED hugs and I thought it was weird. We aren’t friends anymore. Maybe that’s because we NEVER had any physical contact. Hugging is an immediate way for us to bond with loved ones, and virtually every culture on Earth appreciates the feelings of well-being that arise from a warm physical embrace. I know that I feel all warm and glowy when I embrace with a loved one. I hardly ever initiate one though. That is going to change because not only are they awesome feel good moments, but hugs also have a positive effect on our long-term health - in fact, regularly embracing our loved ones can even lower our blood pressure and stress levels. Jackpot! Now, it’s important to know that if the people trust each other and they both have the same feelings the positive stuff can happen, if people do not know each other, or if the hug is not desired by both parties, its effects are lost. I couldn’t agree more. Don’t you just hate fake “hugs?” It’s so bizarre and unwanted. They can make me me creeped out. Basically the take away from this post is that, hugging is good, but no matter how long or how often someone hugs, it is trust that's more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment