Saturday, July 25, 2015

Self Love



I'm a freelancer! Which means that I answer to me. I have no boss. Thank goodness! But that also means my work days are longer than 9-5. My work spills into my personal life really easy if I'm not careful. As a group fitness instructor, personal trainer and social media influencer, I am always GIVING! I love giving, inspiring, and promoting others on a daily basis, because I believe this is what I am supposed to do.

It makes me happy…BUT it can also can leave me exhausted, stressed, drained, and overwhelmed.


My days are full of personal training clients, classes or doing social media work and my "to do” list is always a mile long! It can make me feel very antisocial and down in the dumps. Not good, right?!

I'm not taking care of me so how the heck am I suppossed to take care of others? I started thinking "how can I start to get ME back? What can I do?" Here are two really simple things you can do to take care of #1.

Less TV: When I'm not training clients or working out, which isn't offen, I am typically in my apartment ALWAYS working on the computer. I have no TV on and no music. It's just me and my cats. I embrace the silence and I enjoy the silence. I also find that I am more productive and happier. I will not give up the television completely though, I need to be able to indulge my addiction to ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK

Reading: I LOVE reading! I'm even more into it now that I have access to hundreds of books through the library app on my iPad. Since my days are filled with traveling, my iPad helps keep me hooked on books. Reading is peaceful, relaxing, and comforting, it is the perfect thing for me to do as I take the NYC to and from clients all day.

These are 2 things that have helped me in taking care of myself. Working on YOU is not easy. Do you have any tips? I'd love to hear about them.

It takes you getting out of your own damn way and admitting your faults BUT when you put in the time and the work, some pretty amazing things can happen.

I am even surprising myself and I LOVE THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment