Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Sassy History


I decided to write about how I got started I fitness to let you know that even though things aren't always easy, work and focus can help you accomplish your goals.

It's funny how your life ends up sometimes. My life as a fitness professional was by accident. I had been taking classes at a gym in my neighborhood for awhile and before one of my favorite dance cardio classes began, the instructor announces, "I will not be here next week and Jessica will be subbing for me." I was in a state of shock. This was news to me. I had never taught before. I had no idea what I was doing. I showed up the following week to teach and I was a ball of nerves. I wasn't certified and I had never taught a group class. I began class and one by one students started to leave. By the time class was over everyone had left. It was humbling. I remember thinking that "I'd better get certified if I wanna keep teaching." I have no idea why I thought "yeah, this is awesome. I should make my career about this." But thank God I did because now I'm challenged daily. It's a challenge I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment