Sunday, October 19, 2014

Scream For Ice Cream


Did someone say ice cream? I’m a fan. I mean, who isn’t? The ingredients in most commercial ice cream is not exactly conducive to fat loss though. Sigh. Eating fat, on the other hand will put you on the fast track to fat loss. Imagine eating ice cream, and staying in your fat-torching zone. Sounds like a dream, huh?

The idea is all-fat ice cream, with little sugar and ingredients you can pronounce! Son of a biscuit is it tasty. 

You will need an ice cream maker.
Recipe:
   2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
   2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
   1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
   * 1 Tbsp WHITE sugar (not RAW sugar but WHITE)
   * 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
   * 1-2 shots of espresso, or 1-2 Tbsp ground espresso powder (not ground coffee)


Mix everything together well, and then put it in the ice cream maker for however long it takes to freeze and set up. I *stared* the flavoring ingredients, because you’ll definitely want to play around with the ratios to find something you like. You could probably try fruit flavorings, but I think the more liquid you add the harder it will be to get it to set up. I’ll be playing around with this more, I know that for sure. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment