Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Skinny On Starvation Diets


I was gabbing with a girlfriend and she was telling me that she didn’t like the new muffin top that has developed on her middle. I immediately told her of things she could do to take care of this problem. She then said to me “I will just adopt a eating disorder for awhile until I lose these unwanted pounds.” I was speechless. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing from a friend. It got me thinking that I should let you know what starving yourself does to your body:


When your body doesn’t intake a regular dose of nutrients it goes into a "starvation mode" thus converting ANY food in took directly into fat so that it can be stored. Your body doesn't know when the next time it will eat is so it stores it immediately.
Starving yourself kills your metabolism so you can never eat "normally" again. Yes you will burn body fat, but in order to keep your blood sugar up your body will turn to your muscle tissue. The body can make glucose from protein, but if you are not getting any protein, it uses your muscles. This further slows down your metabolism because muscle burns a lot more calories than fat.


If you want to change your body put in the work and the results will be worth the work. Workout and Exercise is the answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment