Sunday, November 16, 2014

Workout and Playlist


Today, my husband is ill. Why am I telling you this? Well, because we were supposed to go to the gym together. Of course, I don’t NEED him to workout with me but I do enjoy it. So while he is playing video games and sniffling on the couch I decided to put my workout playlist together for my sweat session. I decided that today would be HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and that it would be about 35 minutes. I got to tell you the workout I did today was AWESOME and the music pushed me to work harder. It was so good that I had to share it with you.

This is what I did:

  1. Jump Squats (this can be done without the jump for a low impact variation) (Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Do a regular squat, then engage your core and jump up explosively. This doesn’t have to be a high jump.  When you land, lower your body back into the squat position to complete one rep.)
  2. Forearm Plank (can be done on knees for a modified version)
  3. Kettlebell Swings
  4. Upright Row with Calf Raise

  1. ½ Burpee (Start with feet hip width apart. Plant your hands on the ground and shoot your legs out to form a plank. Bring your legs back in, plant both feet on the ground and return to your feet to hip width apart. Repeat!)

I did 30 sec of each exercise with 5 sec rest in between each exercise to transition to the next move for 30 minutes. The final 5 minutes are devoted to letting my heart rate come down and doing some stretches. The result? A totally tired, sweaty and stinky woman!



What was AWESOME and helped push me on was my music. Here’s the playlist I created on Spotify:
Fall 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment