Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Playlist



This is not new news to anyone that knows me, but for those of you that don't let me tell you a little something about me...I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I get super excited about loading up my iPod with a new Holiday workout playlists. I know that "Jingle Bells" may not be the first thing you think of when you're looking for heart-pumping beats, but don't be so quick to dismiss holiday classics. I have a compiled a list of great workout songs that revolve around the Christmas theme. I know that a playlist that has nothing but Christmas songs can get old so I suggest sprinkling in a few songs to your already sassy workout playlists.

1. "All I Want for Christmas is You," Mariah Carey. Besides Nat King Cole no one does Christmas songs better than Mariah. Seriously the girl can sing!

2. "Last Christmas," Cascada.  No question Wham! is the top dog with this song, but the more fast-paced remix of this song by German Eurodance sensation Cascada is perfect for any high-intensity cardio workout.

3. "Sleigh Ride," Karmin. My song of the summer was "Brokenhearted" by Karmin so I had to check out what they were doing with Christmas tunes. Listen to their funky fresh take on this holiday song. It's an awesome workout jam.

4. "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays," *NSYNC. Another thing about me...I was a major fan of this group back in the day. No playlist is complete without this light and fun tune.

6. "The Christmas Song" Nat King Cole. This is the song of the season for me. I swear I listen to this song at least 500 times during the season. Try using it during your stretching session or during a yoga session.