Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Vitamin Sass

I am about to admit something that isn’t so sassy. I don’t take vitamins on a regular basis. I know, I know I really should take a multi everyday. I do eat a well and try to get all my nutrients from food. There, I said it. Mom, I know you are going to be disappointed. You did teach me well but I just dropped the ball somewhere down the road.
I’ve tried getting back on the vitamin bandwagon a million times, but every single time I take a multi, it almost always upsets my stomach, which does not make me want to take another.
I was at my annual check up and my nurse asked me if I take a multivitamin on a regular basis. I told her “Honestly, NO.” She suggested gummy vitamins like the Flintstones vitamins. I started to giggle. I asked her “Are you talking about the ones I took when I was 7?” She responded “Yes, but if you need something more adult Centrum makes gummies that are made for grownups.” AWESOME! Right after the appointment I happily went to Walgreens and picked up a bottle of citrus flavored ONE A DAY VITACRAVES daily vitamins, and since then I’ve taken a proper dosage every single day. I know I’m not alone and it’s totally common that most adults aren't consistent in taking them. My suggestion for you as always is to get the nutrients your body needs from your diet. That means making sure you eat your fruits and veggies, but chew on a gummy to make sure you don’t miss out on anything you may need.




No comments:

Post a Comment