Friday, June 24, 2011

Tone Those Thighs?

Time and Time again I hear “I am pretty happy with how I look but I hate my legs. How do I make my inner thighs and outer thighs thinner?”
Well plain and simple you can’t spot train. Meaning you can’t lose weight just in one specific area. When you lose weight, you lose it all over your body. You can’t choose where you will lose it in your body or we’d all be perfect! I suggest helping your thighs out with different kinds of exercise and eating healthy.
What you can do to help shape those stems is doing specific exercises to help tone them. The following are oldies but goodies! They work so do them!

Complete as a circuit. Meaning do one right after the other. 1 set each for 12-15 reps. Repeat the circuit 2-3xs
Lunges  (forward, back, side), squats (also try on one leg for more of a balance challenge), leg lifts
In line skating, bike riding, and even dancing targets those gams and also gives your heart muscle a nice workout too. Try to incorporate them into your workout mix.

If you belong to a gym use the equipment for an additional leg challenge. Remember if you have questions about your form ask a trainer. They can guide you in the right direction.

Remember the more you put into your workout the more you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment